I always dread getting out my food processor. Yes, it works great, but I hate cleaning it. If I hand wash it, the thing takes up my entire drying towel & if I put it into the dishwasher, it takes the better part of the top rack. This was especially a problem when we only ran our dishwasher once or twice a week. But, now we have kids and that is no longer a problem. Now, it’s more like, how do we cram all of this stuff in here and hopefully only run it every other day… hopefully. But my point, I never made anything with the Cuisinart that has sat in my cabinet until when I started Whole 30. It is absolutely worth the effort to make homemade mayo and, in my case, Ranch dressing!!
This dressing is A-MAY-ZING! It is based on the ranch recipe on the Whole 30 website. You can totally customize it to your taste in herbs and it will be delicious no matter how to swing it!
- 1 raw egg, room temperature
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- A handful of fresh herbs (I used oregano, but dill, parsley or cilantro would be good too!) or 1 Tbsp dry herbs
- 2 lg cloves garlic
- 2/3c avocado oil (or another very mild oil such as extra light olive oil)
- 2 Tbsp coconut cream
- Combine egg, vinegar, herbs & garlic in good processor. Pulse a few times to mix. Then VERY slowly (one drop at a time), add the oil.
- Add the coconut cream and pulse a few times to blend.